Patients with long-term disability or chronic illness can benefit from the support of a rehabilitation nurse to overcome limitations and reach their full potential. These nurses work with patients and their families to develop recovery plans and set short- and long-term goals to help patients achieve as independent a lifestyle as possible.
- Coping with Functional and Lifestyle Changes in People Dealing with Injuries, Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses
- Educate patients and support health-related coordination
- Associate Adaptive Skills
- Promoting Potential Independence
- Provide comprehensive, complete and compassionate end-of-life care for patients with life-limiting medical conditions.